Search This Blog

Monday, December 18, 2023

Fort Street Presbyterian Church, in Detroit, Michigan - 175th Anniversary

1849 = 175 Years


Fort Street Presbyterian Church, in Detroit, Michigan, is an absolutely impressive church. In 2024 they are celebrating their 175th anniversary.  My work with the church began with Pastor Garrett Longmann.  From the conversations we had together, emerged a new hymn for them. 



The anniversary hymn I created for them is called: “Christ, Who Once Beckoned”.  I sent it to them on November 15, 2023. 



Garrett got back to me on November 16th. He told me that they have a new music director Patrick Kuhl, and that Patrick would respond directly regarding the new hymn.


  I had an email from Patrick on November 21, 2023, saying that he approves and plans to use the hymn to the familiar tune i suggested, JERUSALEM.

 

These gorgeous photos of this incredible church building were made by Helmut Ziewers for Historic Detroit. 


No comments: