Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 24, 2023

New 225th Anniversary Hymn Sung at Sycamore Presbyterian Church on October 15th, 2023

 "God is Forever Near" is the name of the hymn that I wrote for Sycamore Presbyterian Church in Cincinnati Ohio.  

The Sunday before last, I tuned in to their online Sunday Morning worship service and it was almost like being there in person.  

The service was lovely in every way.  Much of it was written by and presented by the children of the church - which on an anniversary Sunday is a perfect way to highlight the present and future of the congregation.  

The sermon by the associate pastor Rachel was right on target, focusing on Jesus' words, "Let the children come unto me."  

There was lots of good music, and the hymn I wrote for them was the concluding hymn of the morning.  The congregation sang it with what I can only call gusto, so I believe they were enjoying singing it as much as I enjoyed hearing it.  

What a treat!



 

No comments: