Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 24, 2023

South Church - 300th Anniversary Hymn by John A. Dalles

 This past Saturday evening saw a festive celebration concert at the South Church in Bergenfield New Jersey.  They were celebrating a remarkable anniversary - 300 years!  Imagine, the church was begun long before we had the Declaration of Independence.  Indeed, a decade before the birth of Founding Father George Washington. 






I was glad to be part of the celbration.  There was music from various periods n the church's 300 year history.  There were instrumentalist, pianists, soloists, and organist, as well as the church choir.  And as the finale of the evening, the congregation sang the 300th Anniversary Hymn that I had written for them. They sang it with verve.  It was wonderful to hear them.

I wish I could have been there - but thankfully, I could participate remotely on line.  

No comments: